The Vibrance Collective
Costa Rican New Year's Renewal Retreat
January 16 - 21, 2022
hosted by Ellen Watson, Daphne Tse
and Special guests
Shoshana Kuttner, Yoshi Aono & Meredith Sasseen
Are you longing for a fresh start in 2022?
Do you feel disconnected? Are you ready to immerse in the healing energy of Costa Rica?
Visualize yourself in moving meditation practices, in an open air shala surrounded by the sounds and smells of the rainforest, atop a mountain with sweeping ocean views...
followed by an energizing 15 minute hike to a private sandy beach for a morning swim in the mighty Pacific ocean.
Sun, sand, sea, jungle... reconnecting with yourself and Mother nature.
Immersing into a global community of like-minded friends to renew and re-imagine a new way of being as we start again (together) in 2022!
Come, celebrate the New Year, the full moon, and your own one wild and precious life with our Vibrance Collective community hosted by co-founders, Ellen Watson, Daphne Tse and special guests, Shoshana Kuttner, Yoshi Aono and Meredith Sasseen.
The Vibrance morning practice invites us to awaken to the lush jungle bird songs, the moist, sweet fresh air, as we embody the energies of the 5 Elements, the 8 Chakras, through the time honored practices of meditation, breathwork, dance, qi gong, yoga, sound and song. We align, we breathe, we spin, we swirl, we sweat, and we dance ourselves into radical aliveness.
The Vibrance evening practice, a slower and lower dance, includes immersing ourselves in the rays of the setting sun….with yoga nidra, sunset meditation, kirtan and sound healing.
Ellen WatsonNow an Internationally renowned Somatic Arts Educator, Ellen began her studies and practices in the 1980’s at The Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA. Ellen rebirthed and directed Esalen’s Movement Arts program, studied, practiced and joined the faculty of Esalen®Massage & Bodywork.
After certifying as a 5Rhythms® teacher with Gabrielle Roth, Ellen developed SpiritDance to incorporate her complementary practices in Esalen® Massage, Holotropic Breathwork™, Continuum Movement, Yoga, Clinical Hypnosis, Gestalt Awareness Practice, Singing Gestalt, and sound healing. www.movingventures.org
Ellen is a co-founder of The Vibrance Collective with Ashley Johnson & Daphne Tse.
Daphne is a spirited, soulful musician and teacher. After falling in love with yoga more than 25 years ago, she has explored merging her spiritual practice with her music, combining mantras, folk and world music.
She developed SoulSong to inspire everyone to sing the song that lies in their heart and awaken their true voice. She has recorded 5 albums and toured globally sharing her music and SoulSong teachings at wellness conferences, festivals, yoga studios in schools and at special events. www.daphnetse.com
Daphne is a co-founder of The Vibrance Collective with Ashley Johnson & Ellen Watson.
Shoshana co-founded the non-profit performing arts school, Young Actors Project, in 2005 and served as Executive Director for Malibu Playhouse, where she produced, directed and designed sound for over 75 theatrical productions. She joyfully teaches and directs seasoned performers as well as beginners, helping people connect with their authentic voice and express themselves. Shoshana has worked professionally in theatre and film in San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles for 25 years. She holds a degree in Drama and Dance from San Francisco State University, a certificate in Classical Theatre from Oxford University, and a Master of Arts in Social Entrepreneurship and Change from Pepperdine University. Shoshana is a proud member of the stage actors union: Actors Equity Association, a certified Yoga Instructor, and a successful acting/audition/voice coach for children and adults.
Shoshana joins The Vibrance Collective as a guest teacher to offer her passion for supporting students of all ages in growing their self-expression.
Yoshi Aono has spent the past thirty years in service as a heart-centered visionary, community-builder, musician, humanitarian and executive.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, USA, he is the Co-Founder of the Hanuman Community: (Festival, Academy, and Adventures) He has also served as CEO for companies and is a 40-year student of the guitar.
His mission is to bring high-level presence and consciousness into global entrepreneurship and community. Yoshi’s lifelong passion for music and community has involved him in projects throughout the planet.
Yoshi’s humanitarian work spans over a decade and has led him to Africa, Haiti, Cambodia, Thailand, Peru, India, Bali and Louisiana. He has coordinated and led tent city aid distribution projects along with leading teams into disaster zones.
Yoshi is currently addressing the art of slowing down.
What to expect:
- 6 days and 5 nights journey into your physical, energetic, mental, wisdom and spiritual bodies, explored through the VIBRANCE Expressive arts: movement meditation, writing, music & vocal expression, healing touch sessions, live music concerts and more guided our Vibrance team with special guest teachers.
- 2 sessions per day in a unique, circular, open air platform overlooking the ocean.
- 15 minute hike to a private sandy beach on the southwestern coast.
- Evening sessions with live music concerts, full moon ceremony on the beach and more.
- Plenty of free time to explore during the day to reflect, relax, swim, surf and explore the hundreds of privately-owned acres and the national marine park surrounding the lodge.
- On-site spa, to treat yourself.
- Beautiful natural freshwater swimming holes on site.
- Excursions such as guided whale watching, kayaking, hiking, bird watching and other tours on your down time.
Venue & Accommodations
About the retreat center:
Tucked away in a private reserve, La Cusinga EcoLodge provides guests with stunning ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country’s most famous ecosystem. Ocean view rooms are designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort and minimize environmental impact. Two delicious and nutritious meals are provided each day, in the open-air Aracari restaurant on site. Several common areas provide reflection time or an opportunity to gather for private meetings.SIGN ME UP!
The Vibrance Collective
The Vibrance Collective founding members are Ellen Watson, Daphne Tse and Ashley Johnson. We bring together a collective of dedicated artists, leaders, and embodiment teachers whose mission is to inspire you to find joy, self-expression and radiant health through integrative sonic and somatic practices. We believe that through movement, music, breath, touch, sound, song, visualization and affirmation, we can transform ourselves, our relationships, our communities and our planet. Together, we are the bridge between elemental embodiment and effective ecological stewardship.
What is Vibrance?
Vibrance is an Expressive arts practice designed to facilitate both physical and metaphysical fitness through embodied movement, music, meditation, breath, touch, sound, song, poetry, writing, visualization and affirmation.
Retreat Daily Flow
January 16 - 21, 2022
- 3 PM - Check in
- 5 PM- 6:30 PM - Opening ceremony and sunset meditation
- 6:30 PM: Welcome Dinner at Aracari open air restaurant
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Morning Vibrance Practices: Dance, Sound, Song Embodying the Elements w/Ellen and Daphne
- 10:00 AM -12:00 PM - Delicious Brunch
- 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM - Rest, Relax, Restore, Swim, Spa
- 3:30 - 6:00 PM - Afternoon Vibrance practice with additional sessions featuring Vibrance Collective guest teachers
- 6:00 - 8:00 PM - Group Dinner at Aracari open air restaurant
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Special evening events, including Live Music concerts
January 21 - Departure day
- 7:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Sunrise Final Session, Group Closing circle
- 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM - Farewell breakfast
- 11:00 AM - Check out, Depart for the airport
$500 DEPOSIT TO HOLD YOUR SPOT
Retreat space is limited, so register early!
Rates from $1295 per person - EARLY BIRD UNTIL December 25th, 2021 (paid in full)
- Reserve your spot with a non-refundable deposit of $500 by December 25th.
- Payment of remaining balance is due by January 5th, 2022.
- Early bird rates must be paid in full by December 25th.
Retreat investment includes:
- 5 nights double occupancy ocean view room, with a private bath and balcony.
- Opening ceremony welcome dinner
- 2 organic meals daily: delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on La Cusinga's local farm
- Daily morning and afternoon Vibrance sessions in the open air yoga shala overlooking the Pacific ocean.
- Evening sessions, including full moon live music celebration with guest musicians.
- Daily access to enjoy and explore the beautiful grounds of La Cusinga including nature hikes through the rainforest and private access to a secluded beach.
Rates DO NOT INCLUDE: Airfare, ground transport, guided sightseeing tours, alcohol or spa treatments.
*DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE, BUT CAN BE APPLIED TO A FUTURE RETREAT.
Arrival, Departure and Transportation
Fly into the San Jose airport (SJO). Transportation to and from La Cusinga Lodge is available for an extra charge.
Arrive by 1 p.m. on Sunday, January 16th and meet our group for the drive to La Cusinga EcoLodge.
Group departs Friday, January 21st, from La Cusinga Ecolodge by 11 a.m. to catch your flight (after 4 pm) from San Jose to your destination.
A van with 8 person capacity will be available at the lodge to take participants on adventure outings and other off site trips (for an additional fee).
Cancellation Policy (The Vibrance Collective)
This cancellation policy has been designed to be as compassionate as possible in the case that plans change.
If YOU cancel your reserved space for The Vibrance Collective retreat:
A $500 deposit is non-refundable, but can be transferred to a future Vibrance Collective event.
Cancellations prior to December 21, 2021 are eligible for a full refund of any payments made toward your retreat minus your non-refundable deposit, admin fees and any applicable bank fees.
Cancellations between December 21, 2021 - January 5, 2022 are eligible for a 50% refund of any payments made toward your retreat minus your non-refundable deposit, admin fees and any applicable bank fees.
Cancellations after January 5, 2022 are non- refundable.
We may make exceptions, if we can easily fill your spot, but this cannot be guaranteed.
If The Vibrance Collective cancels the retreat:
We do not foresee having to cancel this program, however, in the unlikely event that The Vibrance Collective must cancel the retreat due to weather, pandemic, natural disaster, instructor emergency, or political upheaval, The Vibrance Collective will refund to you all deposits and payments you have paid. We cannot, however compensate you for airfare or travel costs incurred.
Covid Safety Practices & Guidelines
Our retreat guests’ safety and security is our TOP priority.
On all our 2022 retreats until the COVID crisis is fully contained we will operate under the following procedures:
Require once daily temperature checks with an infrared digital thermometer.
Mandatory mask use if in indoor spaces (when not eating or drinking) or while in shared transportation vehicles.
Limited retreat numbers in accordance with safety protocols for location.
Classes and concerts held in outdoor spaces with plenty of ventilation.
- Proof of COVID vaccine card (fully vaccinated)
- Negative PCR negative test within 72 hours of retreat start date.
- We require all participants to purchase travel insurance to cover their trip to Costa Rica (with Covid-19 Insurance).
- We recommend Trawick International https://www.trawickinternational.com/travel-insurance-plans/costa-rica-required-travel-insurance
Travel insurance can protect participants against trip cancellation, lost or delayed baggage, medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should the participant become ill or injured, including coverage for Covid-19.